These are the goals of my proposal for a new information encoding scheme:
- Natural and general encoding, including
- binary data
- Straightforward parse:
- As much as possible, codepoints for similar types should be together.
- Provide ways to avoid spoofing by similar glyphs.
- Provide simple, balanced, and effective byte-oriented compression.
- Include all languages, if possible.
- Make similar symbols from various languages compatible.
- Provide ways to embed legacy encodings.
- Provide natural means of extension.
These are grand ambitions. I am aware of that. I understand that I’m pushing ahead where smarter people would turn back. I guess I have a small stubborn streak.